vtr

tr7 rear shocks

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: tr7 rear shocks
From: "HAROLD O'REILLY" <continen@gnofn.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 08:08:22 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-vtr
I have a 1979 TR7 DHC. The Haynes manual says to access the top
bolt for the left shock from the boot. This might have been correct
for the coupe, but not the convertible, unless I am missing something.

Does anyone know what the two wire connector on the bottom of the
intake manifold is? I cannot locate it or the two green wires on
any wiring diagrams.

Last but not least, I am going to change all the front bushings to
poly and change the strut cartridges at the same time. Is it easier
to drop the crossmember and suspension all together, or take apart
and re-install as individual pieces?

Thanks for any advice.

Harold O'Reilly, TR7 DHC & Spitfire