vtr

TR6 trunk

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 trunk
From: zuch@ial4.jsc.nasa.gov (Brian Zuchowski)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:43:32 -0500
Sender: owner-vtr
To the group,

Trying to do some work to a TR6 trunk and got a new cardboard trunk panel
that mounts against the fuel tank. Got a new one from TRF.

Question I have is: the black panel that sits on top of the spare tire -
does its black metal lip (angles about 1" up) mount in front of the rear
trunk panel (to the rear of the car) or does it "tuck" under and behind the
rear trunk panel? If it's supposed to mount behind it then the TRF
cardboard panel needs some cutting and refitting. I got dinged a couple of
points in a local show last year for having it sitting in front (in front
of the rear trunk panel and toward the rear of the car).

Also, if anyone stripped a TR6 a/c system out of a car, or has extra parts
laying around: I need the 5 terminal fan motor relay that wires in between
the TR6 a/c control switch and fan motor. I've seen this one mounted on the
firewall in back of the blower motor.
        Also looking for the 5 terminal relay with leads to the a/c control
and ignition switches and to the fuse panel via a breaker, and I've seen
this one mounted by the wiper motor.
        Just wondering whether the outfit that put these A/C kits together
for Leyland used Lucas relays or another equivalent. The relays that I've
seen in 2 TR6 equipped cars looked about 4" by 2" by 3" high or so. Really
appreciate any help I can get on these items!!!

Appreciate all the Triumph tips from everybody out there............

Brian Zuchowski
76 TR6