vtr

U.K. Spit )-60 time

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: U.K. Spit )-60 time
From: RobertLLR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 11:56:10 -0500
Sender: owner-vtr
Richard Jackson,  you're full of soup.

I am a long time Spit afficianado and I've read and have a copy of probably
every road test ever published in England or the USA.  I just sat down and
averaged out the road test results of 6 U.K. journals for the 1500 Spit.
 Disregarding one anomalous 11.9,  (From Motor, 1974) I get an average of
13.1 sec.

If you ever get to 60 mph in your Spit in under 12 seconds, I'll buy you a
pint next time I'm in your lovely country.  (As a matter a fact, I'll buy you
a pint anyway, just for owning a Spit!)

This whole, adolescent, name-calling discussion having become a sort of poll,
I now freely opine:  I side with those wholike all good sports cars, classic
or modern, without regard to race or creed--though I am VERY prejudiced about
color--and bikes, too.   If anyone has different ideas, and wants to express
them,  politely, or impolitely, fine.  But let's not play fast and loose with
the numbers, please.  You don't need a reason to like Triumphs better than
Miatas, so why make up a fallacious one?

Robert La Rue
'79 Spit
'93 Ford Probe GT
'68 Bonneville 650