Re: [Vintage-race] Check valves in brake lines

To: John.Desantis@Inficon.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Check valves in brake lines
From: Craig Wright <craig245@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:17:19 -0700
The check valve should go in the rear brake line. The front brake piston
barely move, but the rears move quite a bit contributing to larger pedal
travel. I think the valve for drum brakes is a 10 psi check valve. But
check with someone more certain than I before buying it. Also ensure
that the rear brakes are adjusted properly. The self adjustment never
seem to get them tight enough for racing and they require manual
adjustment before and sometime during each race weekend. Also check for
warped rotors. If they are warped or have a runout issue they will knock
back the pistons into the calipers as the wheel rotates.

Craig Wright