[Vintage-race] PVGP/VRG BeaveRun

To: "'Vintage Race'" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Vintage-race] PVGP/VRG BeaveRun
From: "Ralph Steinberg" <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 08:00:31 -0400
It is now June, and you do not have your entry in for PVGP/VRG BeaveRun
Historics why?

Let's see if I can give you reasons why it should be:

1) If you sign up for the full three days you get 6 test & tune sessions on
Friday plus an opportunity to do hot laps with workers and we finish the day
off with a free reception track side

2) Saturday starts with a practice, followed by a qualifier, followed by a
sprint race, followed by a sprint race and if you have a FV another sprint
race and then we end the day with a party at the track (this one you have to
pay for)

3) Sunday you start off with a qualifier and end with a sprint race and if
you are a FF or CF conforming to VRG rules you get an extra sprint race

4) Did I mention the afternoon charity rides? Many of my drivers tell me
this is the best part of the weekend. Both on Saturday and Sunday we have
people lined up who pay us good hard cash for the privilege of riding around
with you! I have people who have been coming every year we have been doing
this just to ride around with you!

5) Great trophies!

6) A fantastic track and venue, really harkens back to when these cars
actually ran at events. This track works no matter what you drive or where
your skill level is

7) You are making history. Some of you have been coming here since I started
this and helped to grow this into a real event. You should feel proud and
wouldn't you feel even prouder when you can tell your buddies that "I have
an in at BeaveRun, so if you want to come to a fantastic event let me know
and I can help you get in. otherwise you will probably wind up on a waiting
list!"

8) And probably the most important reason of all - you make your checks out
directly to the PVGP. We always tell you that we raise money for two great
charities. And what is more American than having a summer party to help
people who desperately need our help. Follow this link to see who you have
been helping,
http://www.cloverleaf-auto.com/Vintage%20racing/PVGP%20BeaveRun/why_do_we_re
ally_do_this.html  click the link there and do something while it downloads
(fill in your entry) it is worth the wait and I want to thank each and every
one of you on behalf of Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and myself for making
it possible for us to help these people.

 I need you to make this event work and when you fill in your entry form and
come to my event I will promise you the best corner workers, safety
personnel, tech staff, registration etc of any event you can find anywhere.
If we make a mistake we will fix it! All of us do this as volunteers so you
can have the best vintage race experience you can and we in turn can give to
our charities the most we can.

 So please, if you have been out with us before please come out again and if
you have never been please come out and see why this event is one of the
best kept secrets on the vintage race calendar. I want to make this event,
with your help, the most important vintage event on your yearly calendar.
Yes there may be some bigger events with bigger tracks, the Zippo comes to
mind, and many events raise money for different charities but our charities,
The Pittsburgh Autistic Society and the Allegheny School, work with and help
people who many of the world just pass by. The PVGP is entering its 28th
consecutive year and that makes us one of the grand daddy events going on.
We sprawl over two weekend of racing with car shows, cruising nights,
parties and dinners throughout the week. Become part of this, not for me but
for them and for yourself. I can tell you after 20 years of being involved
with the PVGP in everything from a mechanic, to driver, to event chair to
creating (with a lot of help) a complete venue that if they write nothing
else on my tombstone besides "he gave to the PVGP" I will be content.

 Not your normal appeal to come to an event, but not a normal event. Thank
You and I hope to see you there

Ralph Steinberg

PVGP Director of Competition BeaveRun
Vintage-race@autox.team.net