[Vintage-race] PLN....Tributes

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [Vintage-race] PLN....Tributes
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:52:44 EDT
In August, Speed Style Magazine's Bill Moore began to solicit for  tributes
to Paul Newman, after it was learned that the actor/racer was  terminally ill
with cancer.    Take a look at _www.speedstylemagazine.com_
(http://www.speedstylemagazine.com)     Main Menu:  PLN  with over a dozen
tributes -- mostly
first hand  recollections from crew members, drivers, writers and fans.

I met Paul Newman when I was crewing for Bruce Jennings' 911S at the 1977
Sebring 12 Hours...it was the first and only one for PLN, also co-driving the
Beverly Hills Porsche 911S with Bill Freeman in the u/2.0 GTU.  I  recalled the
1977 Sebring story along with another one 24 years later  when I raced
against Paul Newman at Brian Redman's Porsche Rennsport I in  2001.

Lee Raskin
Boca Raton, FL
_www.leeraskin.com_ (http://www.leeraskin.com)