Re: [Vintage-race] HP Draw of Cooling Fans - 1275 'A' engine ?

To: TomD4760@aol.com, Vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] HP Draw of Cooling Fans - 1275 'A' engine ?
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 17:51:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/2008 5:41:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
TomD4760@aol.com writes:

Does anyone have any data on the horsepower
draw with the standard pulley  setup on the 1275
'A'  engine?
I'm considering  replacing the fan with a switchable
electric one run off a small auxillary  battery.  If anyone
has experience doing this I'd appreciate hearing  about it
also.
Thanks,
Tom Deats,  RMVR

I don't think that is worth the effort. Why would you need an auxillary
battery? What's wrong with the main battery? Oh... I know...you don't have an
alternator do you?

Just get a small alternator and a 2-bladed fan. You will not notice the
difference and you won't need to charge your battery all the time. Concentrate
on
driving well rather than trying to save a micro horsepower.

Jack Woehrle

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.