Sprite Vin Question

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite Vin Question
From: "Jerry Burr" <zero260@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 18:41:26 -0700
This is for the Bugeye Sprite gang....I recently bought a 58 bugeye vintage
race car. When my friend converted it to a race car the vin plate disappeared
when it was striped for painting. Does anyone know if the vin is anywhere else
on the car? It had been his driver until early 70's when it broke and got
parked. Late 80's is when he made it a race car. In the meantime all paperwork
etc got lost...He is digging through his things to see if he can find an old
registration or something with the vin on it....
Anyone got a clue??
Thanks,
Jerry Burr