Mark 9 Titan FF

To: "Vintage Race Net" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mark 9 Titan FF
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:36:00 -0700
Hey all you Titan fanatics out there. I've restored a Mk9 Titan for a fellow.
It's serial # 75003, making it the third Mk9. Through Andy Antipas (Titan
Registry) we've concluded it was originally constructed as a Mk8 Titan, then
recalled by the factory and upgraded to a Mk9.

The owner of the car (San Diego area) suspects it was parked for the past
10-15 years, and raced Cal Club and/or San Diego Region SCCA prior to that.

If anybody out there in cyberspace has any information or leads on this car
the data would be greatly appreciated. The engine in the car when Bill bought
it was built to "spec" for the 1990 era..... oversize pistons, illegal cam,
too much compression, too light a flywheel, etc. (It's now a legal engine).
Oh, its a Cortina based engine, not uprated, so if this 'engine data' rings
any bells for anybody please let me know.

Bill plans to make a sign board for the car before the HSR-West Southern
California Historics in three weeks so he's kind of time critical. Any
information would be appreciated.

Carl

CarLynne Racing LLC
Sparks, NV