Re: Penske Cooper

To: "jrhill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Subject: Re: Penske Cooper
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:06:54 -0700
Jim,
I believe the year was 1962. The car was called the Zerex Special. He and
Gurney, driving a Lotus 19, had a nose-to-nose race for quite a ways into the
race until Gurney broke his throttle linkage. Unknown about the car, but if it
were still around I'm sure it would be proudly displayed in somebody's
collection.

Try contacting Penske directly.. Good luck in your search.
        Carl    Lotus 61FF