Cumberland Historics Weekend

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Cumberland Historics Weekend
From: "Stan Vann" <stanvann@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 07:34:26 -0400
  As many of you may know, back in the 50s and 60s, they held some great
SCCA National road races on the airport at Cumberland, Maryland. All of the
famous drivers of that era competed there but as the 70s dawned the racing
stopped and the little mountain town seemed to forget. However there were a
group of enthusiasts from Cumberland that remembered those glorious days
and banded together to resurrect them. Five years ago they began holding
sports car events back on the very same airport runways and collecting
photos and articles from locals that remembered those days from their
youth. With full support from the local community they have continued to
expand their vision. On the first weekend of June 2006 they will be holding
The Cumberland Historics. I've driven up from North Carolina to attend some
of their events and can truly say I've never met a more enthusiastic
friendly group. They put on a great event in a beautiful part of the
country. If you can please consider attending as they are trying to attract
more historic and vintage entrants. See www.cumberlandhistorics.com

Stan Vann
1970 Caldwell D9