Fwd: What Type of Battery is Best?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: What Type of Battery is Best?
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:05:48 EST
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Full-name: JWoesvra
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:03:25 EST
Subject: Re: What Type of Battery is Best?
To: chkangmd@earthlink.net

In a message dated 2/5/2006 1:14:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
chkangmd@earthlink.net writes:

FYI: I  originally had a gel cell that I was told was to be used for electric
 wheelchairs: high drain,long life. it lasted about 2yrs. the replacement was
 on an emergent basis when the first died suddenly and was a lawn mower type.
 seems to also last 2yrs even w constant "battery saver" usage when not
racing.  so, since the auto parts store lawn mower batt. was cheaper,  i've
been
using them.

chk

Y'all need to look at this information. There is a lot you can do to extend
battery life, regardless of what kind it is. EDTA or VX-6 is the answer. There
 are also some new electronic sulphate eliminators out now.

_http://www.scimweb.com/reports/battery.html_
(http://www.scimweb.com/reports/battery.html)

Jack Woehrle