Re: Carroll Smith's "to Win" book set

To: <borrani@att.net>
Subject: Re: Carroll Smith's "to Win" book set
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:21:40 -0600
> I heard it from Carroll himself that he wanted the Nuts, Bolts and Fasteners
Handbook to be called "Screw to Win", but the editors would have nothing of
that.

> Steve S.
> Seattle, WA

Absolutely true!    The rest of the story is that, before Smith died, he would
mail one a sticker to place on the cover of your fastener book that reads:

SCREW TO WIN
Nuts, bolts, fasteners
and plumbing handbook

California friend Ken Claiborne lived in Smith's neighborhood and he sent me one
that Smith gave him.   I'm looking at it now on the cover of my book.

Tony in Texas