Lotus Cortina recovered stripped in Northern California

To: Vintage-Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Lotus Cortina recovered stripped in Northern California
From: Royce Miller <royce_miller@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:13:16 -0800 (PST)
Howdy folks,

Here is an update on the Lotus Cortina vintage racer stolen from
Sacramento area.  The chassis and trailer were recovered both stripped and
damaged.  They were recovered from separate locations just outside of
Sacramento.  The trailer along the Jackson highway East of Sacramento and
the car was in Rio Linda West of Sacramento.  If anyone has any
information regarding parts or the theft feel free to pass on to Roger
(roger4safeguard(at sign)msn.com).

Royce Miller
'66 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #111
Sacramento, CA USA

**********

First of all thanks to all of you who responded and helped by posting the
information on the stolen Lotus Cortina on just about every vintage car
list world wide.

I had given out photos of the car to all the local law enforcement
agencies and got a call about midnight Saturday from a Sacramento Deputy
Sheriff who I met when I was out looking for the car last night to say
that he had just found it in a ditch in Rio Linda a suburb of Sacramento.

Good news the car is back.

Not so good news it is COMPLETELY stripped and a fair amount of body
damage, basically what I recovered is a bare body roller.

Looks like it will be about $45,000+++ to get back on track.

Please keep a look out for Lotus Twin Cam motor painted black with
polished alloy cam covers, ubderside of 45 Webers have PHP cover plates on
them, motor # 86-082

Quaife dog box, alloy extension and alloy shifter housing.

AMB Transponder #1402228

Custom headers, jet coated silver.

Everything else, Kirkey road race seat, Jazz fuel cell, Mini Lite wheels
13x6, etc, etc, are too generic to stand out.

Looks like I have a winter project, and WILL be at the CSRG meeting in
March.

Thanks again

Roger Andriesse