Re: [New-Cortina-List] Lotus Cortina Stolen

To: Cortina-List@lotus-cortina.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [New-Cortina-List] Lotus Cortina Stolen
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:09:11 EST
To all:

Hearing something like this makes me sick.  I recall when Kenny  Epsman's
Shelby and rig was stolen.  Fortunately, he recovered both the car  and the
trailer a couple weeks later, but lost some tools in the process.   Luckily,
the
car was still more or less in one piece.  This is a  growing concern and
problem.

This is not a commercial, and I stand no financial gain, but I wanted to
alert everyone to a device that could help in such a situation.  One of my
business clients is Trimble Navigation.  They make a relatively inexpensive
portable location product called TrimTrac.  TrimTrac is small (a little
smaller
than a paperback book), fully self-contained, and can either run on AA
batteries, or be wired directly to 12V.  It has a GPS receiver and a GSM
wireless
telephone module.  If it senses motion, it begins reporting its  location to a
central service.  You subscribe to the service and in case  your vehicle or
trailer or whatever its located on is stolen, you can find where  it is.  You
can
even specifiy it to start reporting if it moves outside of  a specified
geographic location (a "geo fence", its called).  You get  access to a website
that
shows you where your Trimtrac is whenever you want  to know.

If you're interested and want more info, I suggest you go to
_www.trimtrac.com_ (http://www.trimtrac.com) .  Trimble sells these  to third
parties who
provide the central services (i.e. call center) that's part  of this.  I
believe
they can refer you to a service provider in your  area.   I plan on installing
one on my trailer this week (in addition  to the chains, cables, and
hitchlocks I already have on it).

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen