Beware NEW EBAY SCAM

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, Cortina-List@lotus-cortina.com,
Subject: Beware NEW EBAY SCAM
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:19:25 EST
To everyone:

Please forward to your friends.  Just became aware of a new eBay scam.

I just sold an item on eBay and was making arrangements with the buyer, when
I got an email from the second highest bidder who received what looked like a
legitimate notice from eBay and me that the item was still for sale and that
his bid would be accepted if he still wanted the item.  Fortunately, that
bidder was smart enough to contact me directly and ask if I had sent the
notice,
which I hadn't.(The notice looked like it came from me via eBay but did not
have
my seller ID at the bottom, it was a different ID).

Don't fall for this and end up paying for something you'll never receive.
Beware of these "Second Offer" notices.

Regards,
Myles