Re: Coolant and corrosion inhibitors?

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, rowman22001@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: Coolant and corrosion inhibitors?
From: Billd13@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:50:12 EDT
Ditto that for VSCDA events

Having spun a tow truck in corner 3A at Blackhawk Farms about 15 years ago
while going to the "reported" spill where a Shelby GT500 had blown the upper
radiator hose I can attest to how slippery the coolant is.

I have run my warmed over Boss 302 on water, water wetter and a water pump
lubricant for over 7 years. It runs almost 20 degrees cooler than it did on 50
ethylene glycol. When I am pacing 50 to 60 cars I like the peace of mind that
if a hose should let go I won't be the cause of a disaster behind me-plus if a
hose does let go it is a whole lot easier to clean up the engine compartment
let alone the track.

Working Safety & Rescue at Blackhawk, I can tell that we certainly appreciate
no antifreeze in the coolant as it makes the cleanup job a whole lot easier
and quicker, thus returning the track to racing earlier.

Bill Dalton