not so vintage racing related, but I'll ask you guys anyway...

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: not so vintage racing related, but I'll ask you guys anyway...
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:56:05 -0600
Hello all,

I've been pretty much a lurker on this list.  I'm probably a little bit younger
than most
vintage race types -- most of my cars are older than I am.  I've got a '68
MGB-GT that
I run in "Group 2/Historic" in SCCA performance rally.  I've also got a '68 'B
roadster project,
a '67 Spitfire that was a race car "back in the day" that I'm restoring, a
fiberglass fendered
'72 MG Midget autocrosser, a Bugeye that needs some serious cancer surgery, a
'75 'B
V8, and my wife has a TR8 and a Spec/IT RX-7.  Most of these cars I've picked up
in need love at bargain prices, and nursed them back to health.  I got the old
racing
Spit and a street Spit in trade for a couple of VW engines;  the racer had to
be pulled
from the woods!

I'm currently finishing coursework in an MBA program, and I reside in Little
Rock, AR.
(Not exactly sports car country!)  The MBA is part of a career change and/or
growth
project.  My undergrad and my professional experience is all in embedded systems
design -- hardware, firmware, software.

I've reached something a career crisis, not sure where I want to head, there
are way too
many directions, but I've seen a couple of "dream jobs" out there, that require
my engineering
skills and motorsports passion, however they also require some experience I do
not have.

Here's the non-vintage bit:  I'm looking for someone not too far from me that
uses data
acquisition and/or programmable fuel injection, that could use a talented
engineer volunteer
on their team.  I have a lot of experience with electronics systems, control
systems, and
data loggers, just not on competition cars.

Thanks so much, and sorry to bomb the list.  Desperate times call for, well
something!

Safety fast,

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary