Fiberglass and vintage????

To: "Vintage Racing List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fiberglass and vintage????
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:56:55 -0500
Hi All,

I've been asked by buddy who's been running for over 25 years in SCCA club
racing about running in vintage events. I told him that I was pretty sure his
car would not be eligible since he has fiberglass fenders, hood, and trunk lid
not to mention those wide slicks he has on it now. But just to be sure I told
him I would check with the vintage guys for him.

So - question to you all is --- is there a vintage org that will allow a 30+
year old car with fiberglass panels to run or is there an org. that has a
special class he could run in?

Thanks in advance.

Tom P
Hendersonville NC