Re: Newbie, w/specific question

To: msecrest@voanews.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie, w/specific question
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:04:59 EST
In a message dated 11/10/2003 4:07:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
msecrest@voanews.com writes:
But for reasons of greater safety -- and if you know where the GT6 fuel
tank is located, you know what I mean -- I'm thinking now of installing
a fuel cell in my car, such as this one:

http://secure.fuelsafe.net/cgi-bin/fuelsafe/EnduroRacingCells.html?id=ryKRLYhL

Is this cell legal in vintage race?  I was looking at 8-gallon capacity,
though I presume most vintage racers use smaller tanks.
An 8 gallon cell would be the smallest I would consider. I ran a GT6 for a
while and we had a standard 12 gal. unit. Make sure it meets FT3 specs. I
believe all of Fuel Safe and ATL products do. In a car such as a GT6 you will
also
need to have a bulkhead between the cell and the driver. This can be done with
sheet metal to make a box in the back with a cover that opens for filling.

Jack Woehrle
SVRA Technical Director