Re: Open Face Helmets - Thanks

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Open Face Helmets - Thanks
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 20:16:53 -0400
> There are some helmets with larger openings for folks who wear glasses.  I
> know bell makes one, I think called the M2?

The M2 works real well for me. I got it because of the glasses issue and
found that the opening is so big both up and down as well left to right that
I have never felt it limited my vision at all. Felt comfortable with it from
day 1. For what it's worth.

>Besides, if you end up
> vintage racing the car you will most likely end up in a production car
> grid with large, easy to see vehicles.  Most of which have roofs.  Also,
> one advantage a car has over the gokart is these things called mirrors on
> them! ;-)

That was more un-nerving than any helmet issue. Nothing like having that big
ole yellow and green Lister Chevy filling up your entire rear view wide
angle mirror!  Damn, he got big real fast -Yikes!

Tom P