Re: Forwarded: trailer flooring

To: "Vintage List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: trailer flooring
From: "John P" <jpetrush@sc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 21:28:26 -0500
Tiles of any kind are not such a good idea.  A buddy did his in real pretty
black and white checkers - looked great day one.  One day he had a
mechanical problem at the race track and rolled the car straight into the
trailer with slicks at near race temperature.  When he unloaded, the tiles
stuck to the tires and pulled right up.  After the season, seven events, the
floor looked like crap.

Polyurathane spray, such as Rhino Lining was recommended to me.  Looked like
a good idea till I added up the weight and the cost!  I ended up painting
the floor with a commercial floor paint called Enterprise "skid-not"
available at the local Lowes.  I did take the time and effort to properly
prime the bare plywood before application.  Two coats primer and two coats
skid-not gave an excellent, even finished appearance.  After a year, its no
virgin anymore but still looks good with no peeling, blisters or other
blemishes.  Cleans easily, no maintenance, looks nice and was cheap.

Your mileage may vary......

John P