RE: exhaust analyzer

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: exhaust analyzer
From: "Phil Roettjer" <proettjer@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:24:26 -0400
I installed one on a 67 plus 4 Morgan sometime back and found it to be
worst than useless. It took me a couple of hours to get the carbs reset
and running correctly after following the indications from the analyzer.

However what I have found that works great is to install EGT gauges.
These monitor the exhaust gas temp and provide a good indication of the
fuel/air mixture throughout the engine RPM range. I use them on my Lotus
6 and my Lotus 7.  I prefer the dual gauge with a probes in number 1 and
number 4 exhaust pipes.

Phil Roettjer
Classic Beauties Engineering
Upton MA