Re: MGA conversion, race class?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA conversion, race class?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:59:19 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/02 10:59:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Wavslav@aol.com
writes:

> Ok, I know you purists hate this kind of question, but is there a west coast
> vintage organization, that has a racing class for a '59 MGA  converted over
> to an american V8? (I'm not referring to the Rover 3.9L V8)
> perhaps it would run against the newer Cobra kit cars or other big
> displacement cars?

If it was converted before 1969 (or whatever date the organisation uses) you
can probably get it in, but otherwise you'd likely be out of luck. Be
prepared to authenticate date and it would be a good move to be running the
proper original engine, i.e. don't have a current spec 350 or something in
place of the 283 that was originally shoehorned in there.

Be prepared for a rigorous tech to make sure that the conversion didn't do
bad things to the frame, etc.

Bill