Re: Shocks

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shocks
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:13:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/2002 6:56:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jrhill@chorus.net writes:

> While I agree that any rule that comes out of a committee is not necessarily
> "logical", going from standard telescopic shocks to adjustable telescopic
> shocks would presumably be a change in "type" but not in "system of
> operation"

  Good point.

  But hasn't the change to adjustable shocks always been allowed, so long as
the car had telescopic shocks OEM and the mounting points were unchanged? (I
don't know if there are any adjustable lever shocks out there).

  But at the same time, remote resevoir units may not be.

It  may very well be that the word "Type" in this context is a case of
committe induced verbage; the phrase "method of operation" is defined by the
parenthetical phrase "i.e. lever or telescopic).