Re: Road America

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, JOHN.HARDEN@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Road America
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:33:58 EDT
:

> Hi Jack, Just read flyer with entry form for Road America which states that
> all VSCDA cars which meet VSCDA rules will be exempted from SVRA's
> preparation rules. VSCDA's does not require period correct tires "Dunlops"
> on their equivalents to our Group 4 cars. In fact their tire rules in
> general and car preparation in particular have little to do with being
> period correct. I am a member of VSCDA and race with them several time a
> year. They are a fine bunch of people and fun to race with, but I think that
> you will find that when it come to their equivalent of our Group 4 and Group
> 5 cars, which I am familiar with, our preparation parameters are very
> different. My question is will our Group 4 tire rules be enforced??

John,

I'm not sure which "flyer" you are referring to. We have always accepted
VSCDA cars at the May event at Road America. However, we do not use VSCDA
groupings. In the case of Group 4, the SVRA rules including the Dunlop-L
series tire rule will be in effect. Any non-complying cars will be put in
another appropriate group. If Group 4 has enough cars to warrant dedicated
Group 4 sessions, then all cars will be on L-series tires. As will probably
be the case, there will be a need for Group 4 to be combined on-track with
whatever other group works best. This other group may or may not have Group 4
type cars on other than Dunlop L-series tires.

Certainly for group scoring and the Edelbrock Sprint Series points, only SVRA
rules complying cars will be counted.

I hope this alleviates your and others concern on this issue.

Jack Woehrle