Re: Gear drive Timing

To: haynes386@netzero.net
Subject: Re: Gear drive Timing
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:58:19 EST
So where did the concept of crank-fire enter the discussion?  The question
regarded timing the cam with gears instead of chain.  I don't think ANY
vintage group allows crank fire. Nor should they.  I can't even comment on
whether timing gears are legal or not but is was fun as an engineering
exercise.  For the record, My GT6 DOES NOT use the gears (if that was your
point) but I've got them laying here if anybody else wants to ask if it can
be done.  Someday I'll get time and go back to the project but in the short
term I don't think it's worth the effort.  That's what I'd have told the
original questioner if he'd have surfaced again.  Steve