Cleaning up & polishing a set of Fuchs

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Cleaning up & polishing a set of Fuchs
From: "Thom Kuby" <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:43:22 -0800
All,
What is a good, simple method of cleaning and polishing a fuch alloy wheel
at home? (e.g doing this task myself)

I have a set of (4) 6x15 that are very straight, scratch-free etc, but they
need to be cleaned up.
Two of the wheels have been painted black and they're pretty shoddy looking,
the other two are polished/buffed with the black insert treatment.  My
thought was to get the two shoddy wheels to at least look like the other
two...if time allows, then move on to the two nicer wheels and clean 'em ALL
up.  But my priority is to get these black wheels done first...

Anyone? any ideas?  I don't want to mess 'em up...Yes,  good 6x15s ARE
getting tough to find.

Looking forward to your input - thanks in advance. ALL comments,
suggestions, sage advice welcome... Please copy me offline with any
replies - that way I'll definitely see it.  BTW these are wheels going onto
my 911 vintage racer, so this isn't Pebble Beach...
Cheers - hope alls well.
Thom Kuby