A Corvette Response Observations.

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Corvette Response Observations.
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:50:21 -0600
Richard Crump wrote:

> I feel that a roller rocker in a chevy is necessary
> because the cast ones explode.

My recollection of "original" Corvette racing was watching Dave MacDonald in
the Don Steves Corvettes battling Bob Bondurant and others in SCCA 'A'
Production (called "The Corvette Race" in those pre-Cobra days). Rules were
made to be broken (Bob was once DQ'd at Santa Barbara for an illegal
flywheel), but I'm not sure they found roller rockers necessary.

> Another consideration is the fact that this is not a
> significant expense on a V-8 chevy.

Nitrous is cheap too   :-)

Jim Hill
Madison WI