A Corvette Response

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: A Corvette Response
From: Phil Buttolph <pb1@humboldt.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:23:14 -0800
OK, I will take the bait...

   Previous 1,600 cc posting: "Yes you may be blinded by the light shining
of my Mr T style gold chains,
easily visible and proudly displayed over my favorite wife beater T Shirt,
and of course the will be Mustache trimmed perfectly."

#1  First my mustache looks like hell..

#2  I don't beat my wife anymore since she left...

#3  I can't afford gold in any form...see #2

#4  I am quickly learning that the greatest sin a Corvette owner can commit
is to use the evil and most vile of all vintage racing trinkets the
"roller-rocker-arms"....

#5  Most other racers, not all, consider Corvette drivers as "barbarians at
the gate"...

Then it struck me (as I was unbuttoning my polyester paisley print shirt
down to my belly) that nothing can't get better with more horsepower and
all the captious naysayers are suffering terribly from "Torque Envy"....

Phil "until you pry it from my cold dead fingers" in a 62' Corvette