Re: Discs or drums

To: Mark Palmer <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Discs or drums
From: Mike <Michael_Gee@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 19:52:20 -0800
Mark,
Here are two main reasons why drum brakes would be out of place on a circuit:

http://www.tpub.com/basae/170.htm

Excessive water and heat.  On several occasions in my chequered past I have seen
drum equipped cars lock up on one wheel and dart across the track and off into
the bushes during heavy rain in competition.  Also, during hot summer days on a
track with elevation changes I've seen cars drive off the run-off lane with
faded brakes or ram other cars.  Also, cars driven at LeMans and Sebring weren't
driven by weekend drivers.
Cheers,
Mike