Re: IRP incident now Zippo Grand Prix incident

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: IRP incident now Zippo Grand Prix incident
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:59:53 -0500
While we are on the subject of incidents and aggressive driving...

Anyone know what happened with Group 1 in the feature race at Watkins
Glen in September?

There was a certain Formula Vee that seemed to be doing a _lot_ of
blocking and I heard later had touched another car, possibly the yellow
Austin Healey 100.  I was the victim of some of that blocking, and I saw
a goodly amount of blue flags thrown at the guy. Looked like he got
pulled over after the race for some talking to...

Also, I heard from a bystander that the AH blasted through the hot pits
at full race speed, is that true?

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD