Re: Solid Axle Corvette Information Request

To: Phil Buttolph <pb1@humboldt.edu>
Subject: Re: Solid Axle Corvette Information Request
From: Craig Wright <cwright@pdghightower.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:38:26 -0700
Hello Phil,

Welcome aboard. Vintage racing is addicting, and loads of fun. Before spending
money on your car, you need to decide what is important to you, and then find
the vintage group in your area that supports your goals. For instance HMSA has
the stated goal of preserving vintage race cars. If your Corvette has any
history and you wish to accurately restore it to it's former glory, HMSA will
accept it at it's events. They may accept it without history if it is accurate
to the stated period, in your case 62.   http://hmsausa.com/home.htm

VARA, more southern California, will accept your car if it is restored to 1972
specs, (I believe). They are still strict about some things like no upgraded
brakes, aero packages, roller cams, wheel size, tires, and more.
http://www.vararacing.com/Overall1.html

HSR West is probably the most flexible as to allowable equipment. They are also
predominately in So Cal.   http://www.hsr-westracing.com/

I don't know about CSRG in central CAL. I believe they are fairly period
correct in their requirements.  (510) 736-2823

At any rate, understand what is acceptable to the group where you wish to
participate and then attend a coupe of events. You will meet people who are
racing in the class you will join and they will be more than happy to help you
be successful. Then complete the car to the standards of that group and go
racing.

Craig Wright