Re: AMX setup Qs

To: TerrySaltzman@home.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AMX setup Qs
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:34:13 -0500
To decrease understeer [info from http://www.bmwclub.ca]

Soften front sway bar/stiffen rear sway bar

Increase downforce on front spoiler/decrease downforce on rear spoiler

Decrease front brake bias/increase rear brake bias

Stiffen front bushings/soften rear bushings

Soften front shocks/stiffen rear shocks

Soften front springs/stiffen rear springs

Increase front negative camber/decrease rear negative camber (if any)

Increase front wheel toe toward toe-out

Increase front tire pressure/decrease rear tire pressure

Decrease front tire aspect ratio/increase rear tire aspect ratio

Increase front wheel width/decrerase rear wheel width

Please verify the above with another source as I'm totally... neutral :-)

Greg
VSCDA Bugeye #70
Cedarburg, WI

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          "Grd4Spd      |
|        |          Racing"       |
|        |          <TerrySaltzman|
|        |          @home.com>    |
|        |                        |
|        |          08/21/01 03:47|
|        |          PM            |
|        |          Please respond|
|        |          to "Grd4Spd   |
|        |          Racing"       |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                          |
  |       To:     vintage-race@autox.team.net                                |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Gregory Schulz/MED/IT/ATLAS COPCO)                   |
  |       Subject:     AMX setup Qs                                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

howdy!

im new to the list. looks like a great forum.

got a Q for the folks who run vintage, front end heavy/engine cars...

gotta 1971 AMX. we just put on a bigger front sway bar, citing push.

school of thought....

bigger front bar to keep the rear planted and throttle steer with
the rear. we know that understeer is a fact of life with these
front engine heavy cars. is this a sound approach?

or.....

a bigger rear bar to try and keep the front planted?

alignment is an option as well, but right now we are looking at hardware.

any input would be most appreciated. :)

regards,
terry

Grd4Spd Racing
"A High Performance Company"
Grd4SpdRacing@yahoo.com
Tel. 619.741.4881
San Diego, CA

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name
of winmail.dat]