Re: Brake line fittings

To: brian@uunet.ca, cak@dimebank.com
Subject: Re: Brake line fittings
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:35:42 -0700 (PDT)
> As long as you understand what you've done, this will work a treat, as
> Chris says.  All the pundits (myself included although NOT a pundit!) point
> out that this is taking the double flare and working it over a 37 deg. male
> flare rather than 45 deg.  Now, while this is technically true, I expect
> that this in practice works about as well as a girling flare works anywhere
> else, which is to say just fine as long as you don't try to take it apart
> and refasten many times.

Exactly. I probably should have mentioned that I never take these
apart again. If I thought I was going to have to disassemble, I'd
cut the line and make a proper AN flare. This is only a problem if
you have a bulkhead that you must mount again ... and that can
usually be finessed.

If not ... you really wanted to remake that line, anyway!