generator noises

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: generator noises
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:16:23 -0000
we also have a generator that will wake the dead.  my thoughts are to remove
the cheapie muffler and  some how add a small muffler that is
removable(possibly held together with a spring like 2 stroke motorcycle
exhaust).   and on the muffler attach a pipe with a sealed end with
perforations over the last 6-8" that would be imersed in a bucket of water.
between the muffler and the bucket of water we thought it would reduce the
incredible din to a reasonable burble?
i have seen some of the honda units also.  and they are so wonderfully
quiet.

just one more project to tackle!

chuck.
tired of yelling to a person standing next to me when the generator is
running....