95TH running of giants despair hillclimb

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: 95TH running of giants despair hillclimb
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:25:34 -0000
YES it's the event B.S.Levy has imortalised in his book "The Last Open
Road".
the 95TH running of this event will be this weekend in Wilkes-Barre
pennsylvania.   it is a spectator event and a few members of this list will
be there helping to commeorate this ocasion by running their cars there.
anyone who is located in the northeast that has ever wondered what this
hillclimb stuff is all about, or is curious about what the shameless king of
self promotion (burt) has written about  should consider taking the time to
show up and snoop about.  this event is as much a piece of sports car racing
history as watkins glen is.   with all that in mind i invite you to come and
see the sights and sounds and take in a little history .   i will be there
running my 1959/60 saab 93f sedan.   i am aware of a few other vintage cars
that will be in attendance.
i'll be driving a car like my father raced back in the early 60's, in his
original color and markings.  i'm a second generation participant at these
events and am proud to be suporting this aspect of vintage racing.   gee dad
might even show up too...he was asking me when the event was being held.

chuck
oarnge saab 93f #25
no personal....on the other hand YES personal interest!  based upon, i
suport this event through my participation!  but financially...no personal