Re: More "Tow Vehicles" - This Time a Saab

To: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>,
Subject: Re: More "Tow Vehicles" - This Time a Saab
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 00:10:50 -0000
hmmm, after seeing smoking brakes up at the soc2000's track events at lime
rock on the tight autocross course up on the hill , i'd seriously discourage
anyone from towing much more than a lawn trailer with one.    i am definitly
pro saab but think the combined weight, wheel base could lead to some
serious handling problems in an unwanted / unexpected problem situation.  i
prefer a longer wheel base and a bit more power for stability's sake.

btw!  be carefull with the total towing weight!  we recently had a double
fatality near here with a ford exploder that was pulling a trailer very
close to max towing weight.   the clincher was that it exceeded the max
weight after food, clothes, and evrything else was packed into it.  the
trailer started to sway and became uncontrollable and rolled taking the tow
vehicle with it killing the driver and passenger in the accident.   fooling
around close to maximum weights can be very dangerous.  and if disaster
strikes the fact that you are a good driver with fast reflexes may not be
enough to overcome the problem and bring the rig to a safe stop.

having too much tow vehicle has never been a problem.   but too short, too
light, too little power...may some day leave you with too little time left
on this earth!   and i would like to see y'all around so i can wave you by
when you are passing me in my saab on course.  (wich evryone will get a
chance ....just wait in line....lol!)

chuck.
oarnge saab #25 (one of the few cars you can smell before you can see it!