Elva Mk.1B Info Wanted

To: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: Elva Mk.1B Info Wanted
From: DOUEZY <Marc_Douezy@COMPUSERVE.COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 07:54:01 -0400
Hello,

refering to your message about Elva Mk1b I have got one here in France.

The MK1b has a rigid axle , the cars with De Dion are MKII.
They were fitted with Ford 1172cc with Amal Carbs, mine was then fitted
with a Ford 105E engine with four Amal carb and raced by Peter Coleman in
1959. In 1956-57 Elva had quite good results often in front of Lotus.

Mine is now fitted with a 1500cc Cortina engine with Webers and goes very
well.
I use it on tracks but don't really race it but, except for brakes which
are a bit small, I will follow an Elise (first model) and would go even
with a very good Lotus 7.

Mine has a special chassis probably more rigid than the normal one.

I enjoy it very much and even had it registered for raod use.

I would be very interested by pictures of your chassis if you buy it and
will send you any info wanted.

I have all the articles on Elvas from the period papers.

Best regards.

marc Doukzy