Re: Looking into Driving School...(longish post-sorry)

To: simon@mondes.com
Subject: Re: Looking into Driving School...(longish post-sorry)
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:33:01 -0500
On Tue, 29 May 2001 13:38:01 -0700 Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com> writes:

> Given that you have a 912, you might also consider just going with a
> personal coach who will teach you how to drive YOUR car. Getting
> more
> seat time in YOUR car could be more valuable than getting to know a
> Formula Ford/Mazda/Russell car

In that regard, you might check out your local Porsche club.  In Texas,
the Porsche club has "Driver's Education" events that include groups from
rank beginner right up to a race class that burns up the Texas World
Speedway in College Station.  These are held several times a year and
will include an instructor taking you around the track in your car.

I went through one in someone else's Boxster, and it was pretty good for
a day's instruction.  Not the quality and extent of a full-blown school,
but it sure helps to learn the local track and your car.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer