Re: Loss of a legend - Bill Devin

To: Sadek Charles H DLVA <SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Loss of a legend - Bill Devin
From: "clark@dnf.com" <clark@dnf.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:52:54 -0800
Hi Chuck,

Thank you so much for posting this.  As a Devin owner and a big fan of Mr.
Devin's contribution to racing, I appreciate knowing of his passing.

I got to meet him at the Monterey Historics this last year after trying to
chase him down for probably three Historics prior.  I always just missed
him.  This time a fellow Devin owner pointed him out after just leaving this
owner's pit.  Purely by luck I was carrying a picture of my Devin with me
and had him sign it.  And I got a picture taken with him.

These don't seem like big things unless you spend years restoring some rusty
mess hoping it'll actually be finished and useful someday.  Meeting him was
a moral booster.  To honor the man is to honor the car and vise versa.

If Bill Devin had been twice as savvy in business, there would have been no
need for a Shelby Cobra.

Again Chuck, thanks for cross-posting this message,

Clark

My small tribute to Devin cars:

http://www.dnf.com/dnf.html/DevinHeaven.html