Re: Fwd: re horsepower

To: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: re horsepower
From: Craig Wright <craig@productdesigngroup.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:19:30 -0800
Ralph,

We have a shop in San Diego called "The Dyno Shop", clever, huh? His work is
split between commercial/truck and race/hobby. He does fleet work on trucks
because it saves gas and at two bucks a gallon it adds up. He also does a lot
of motor homes. They are only getting 3 mpg when they drive in and if they can
get it up to 4 mpg, they're ecstatic.

About 30% is race/hobby, from a Hot Rod, to Formula Mazda, and even Michael
Lewis' Trans Am car. His charge is about $225 plus parts. Includes setting the
valves, curving the distributor, jetting the carb primaries and secondaries,
and optimizing the timing. It takes about 2-3 hours depending on the car. His
primary dynos are DynoJet. He has three of them, plus one other.

Craig Wright