Re: Replica Cobras, et al

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, tgrau@email.msn.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replica Cobras, et al
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 06:49:46 EST
 In a message dated 11/07/2000 4:18:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tgrau@email.msn.com writes:

 <<  original and replica Cobras (House of Cobras,
  Midwest), and original and replica British cars (British Auto Shoppe).  I
  don't feel that the replicas should be racing with the "real thing", but is
  it possible to have special class (ie exhibition class) that the replicas
  could run in?  Just an idea. >>

 They "idea" isn't new. The problem that faces all race promoters,
organizers, etc. is lack of time to do these "extra" races. In our core sport
of Vintage Racing, it is becoming increasingly difficult to give quality
track time to the truly vintage cars. Since we have plenty of real Cobras and
Lotus 11's, there is little reason to accept replicas. A truly correct
D-type, DBR2 or 250GTO replica may be tolerated now and then depending on the
venue. That even these make the cut is a delicate subject.

  Why stir up another  controversy when there are 100 other issues that you
are dealing with at any one moment?

 BTW, both HSR and SVRA are united now in not knowingly accepting fake,
replica or continuation Cobras.

 Jack Woehrle