Re: Lotus Elan/Cortina dry sump?

To: PaceCars@aol.com
Subject: Re: Lotus Elan/Cortina dry sump?
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 09:30:25 -0500
Oh, good question on SCCA allowing dry sumps.  I would guess it was in
the mid 70's or later, but before GT prep rules came in.  Someone out
there will know.  In any case it has to be after 69 since some of the
Vintage groups will not allow the dry sump system.

I have a wonderful wet sump pan from JAE, Jeff robinson, 805 967 5767,
that will NOT cause oil starvation in hard corners.  Good alternative to
dry sump, much cheaper and legal (even though being legal seems the last
thing on Vintage prepers minds these days).  SCCA allowed pan
modifications from the early 60's when I got started with my Super 7,
perhaps even before.

Jeff says even an accusump is not needed with his pan, but I think it is
a good idea and almost all groups will allow this non original option
for the sake of making an engine live.

L.D.