Re: Lotus Eleven on Speedvision

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus Eleven on Speedvision
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 22:13:43 +0000
Irv Korey wrote:

> [...]

How appropriate -- it currently has an oil leak in the oil pressure
gauge, which drips on the floor and/or driver's crotch!

> , electrical failures, blown head gaskets, broken spokes, lost bolts, etc...)
>among that tightly-knit 356 Porsche (Por-sha) purist group is somewhat of a
>shocker...but kudos to him and all the others!!
>
> So I guess he really must be slumming when he shows up with his TR3!

Irv,

It's a 1960 TR3A (!) and guess which of my three British cars didn't
start this morning? -- a short stint on the battery charger assured its
lap around (most of) the F-1 track this afternoon.  Really fun; driving
down the front straight and crossing that yard of bricks the wrong way.
Turn one (F-1) had already been blocked by very heavy concrete barriers,
so I couldn't pass the pace car like Schuey passed Coulthard.

The Eleven was not too fond of some of the really tight turns (and the
30 - 40 mph pace).  Julie took pictures which I'll get developed early
next week.  I can e-mail JPEGs if anyone wants them.

Brett