Mechanics Training Program (non LBC)

To: vintage-race-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Mechanics Training Program (non LBC)
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:27:39 +0000
Some time ago I started a thread about where the next generation of young
mechanics (ie. my son) could get training.  McPhearson College and the
Nevada State Penitentary were mentioned for quality restoration programs.
Although he didn't qualify for NSP (out of state =-),  he did get accepted for
the Jim Russell Mechanics Training Program at Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma,
CA..

http://www.russellracing.com/mechanicstraining.html

A week ago, we spent a great day at Sears Point and then two fantastic days at
Laguna Seca for the Grand Prix...  What fun!... with way too much eye candy..
and then withdrawal and fear of disappointment ..until we got the acceptance
letter.   Boy.. it feels great to see the kid get a break and be on his way to
something he really wants to do.... (it also gives me a good excuse to hit the
wine country and check out  John Blacks new territory)
Thanks to all who made suggestions.

Bill Hook, (Brag mode off now)..
'57 TR3,
'62 Willys (on the basement shelves for atleast another year now)
'66 T-bird (big muscle car needing a garage for a year.. gas is too $$ to
drive to CA)