Re: Tires for small-bore cars (the great debate resumes)

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tires for small-bore cars (the great debate resumes)
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:21:40 -0400
FWIW, in terms of Mini speeds at tracks in vintage trim and in 1970's trim,
an interesting point is that the current vintage "track record" for a Mini
at Mosport is about a mid 1:42, done on Dunlop CR-70 soft compound
tires.  The tires lasted almost one 20 minute session from brand new to
cords, for trivia fans.  A real good time for Bulova Cup Mini's on slicks
was apparently 1:45 or so.

A testament to HP and lack of imagination (fear!) on the part of Brad
Baker, the driver!   I watched the session at Turn Two, and it was highly
entertaining watching Brad pass a Trans-Am type Mustang on the outside of
Turn Two, between the apexes, on two wheels, about five laps in a
row.  Contributed greatly to my giving up Mini Racing, in fact...

Brian

At 09:40 AM 07/27/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 07/26/2000 11:43:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Grossac@aol.com writes:
>
><< Chris Gross
>  Ex-Mini racer, now vintage Sprite driver.   >>
>
>1971 D Sedan National Champion, no less!
>
>Jack Woehrle

Brian Evans
Director, Strategic Accounts
UUNET, A WorldCom Company