The perils of complaining too much...

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: The perils of complaining too much...
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 20:48:56 -0400
This week, I had to order some race parts from a specialty supplier that
I have been doing business with for years. I had to listen to about 15
minutes of his stories about his customers. Most centered on their
attitude -  complaining to him about the parts and blaming him for all
their problems. Ordering a custom part today and wanting it tomorrow -
or expecting him to bring it to the track. Many are not civil and
reasonable.

His conclusion - it was getting to the point it was not worth it. He
says he's ready to pack it in.

Well, the same can be said for the people who run the races too. I've
heard similar comments from people at registration, tech, etc. And
remember that many of them are volunteers!

Whatever the problem you have, being civil solves it faster.

Jim