Re: now I remember...

To: JOHN.HARDEN@worldnet.att.net, wsthompson@thicko.com, Mbrubin18@aol.com,
Subject: Re: now I remember...
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:01:31 EDT
In a message dated 07/06/2000 2:07:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JOHN.HARDEN@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Jack, You sound just like Peter Krause when he
 whines about those competitors who arrive in big rigs with crews who wear
 matching shirts.>>

If I resemble that statement, I truly apologize.

<<The fact that after the race some cars
 return to a big tent and some to no tent at all has absolutely no bearing on
 the level of fun had by their drivers.>>

No question about it, John, and if you re-read what I said, I was simply
reminding everyone that there ARE people who get offended by the low budget
guys, for whatever reason. I was trying to get them to tone it down a little,
that's all.

 <<Since you infer that you know of many "offended" owners of "exotic and
 rarer cars", could you be more explicit as to who they are. I don't recall
 hearing Jimmy Dobbs, Tom Mittler, Henry Payne,Mike Stott, Syd Silverman,Gil
 Nickle or anyone else ever commenting on being offended by the "less
 expensive more common cars" in their or any other group.>>

Certainly, none of these fellows would ever fall into that category, and
there is no need to name anyone at all.

 <<Jack, rather than pontificating of your perceived inequities between the
 "common and the rare">>

That was the subject at hand.

<>

I'm sorry that you need 30 minutes rather than the 25 we were able to give
you. You did get five 25 minute sessions plus a 25 minute and a 30 minute
race. Check back and see when you ever got that much at Mid-Ohio, or anywhere
else for that matter.

<< It was better than the year before>>

We have really been trying.

 <<but has a lot of room for improvement. John Harden>>

There always is.

Jack Woehrle