Re: Indianapolis Raceway Park history

To: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Indianapolis Raceway Park history
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:13:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/00 9:45:00 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com writes:

<< The picture shows a pack of Indycars racing in the reverse
 direction as compared to modern day events. They're coming
 off the back straight (behind the oval), going through a
 left-right combo and then heading for today's corners 3,2,1. >>
Are you sure the picture wasn't flopped (right for left)?  Happens a lot with
racing pix.  I went to my first race at IRP in '67 and later became IRP's
news/marketing director, and cannot remember discussion about
counterclockwise running, though that isn't to say it didn't happen.  I think
some early races also were run on a shorter circuit, deleting turns 11-15....

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative Communications Services
765.886.5098
Writing, public relations, sales promotion and advertising consulting
services for agencies and companies.